02 November 2015

What happened last month?

https://instagram.com/sonispeight/
October turned out to be a varied and busy month. I failed at inktober because I got stuck into a big meaty project that I hope to share with you soon.

I went to a couple of gigs (the Melvins and Zappa Plays Zappa) both super nights out - I like loud guitars, drummers play with lazer precision, and I had forgotten that. It was great to do something away from the screen and sketch book.

I also went to a life drawing evening. It was the first time in about 10 years I was confronted with a live subject, a blank page and the feeling that I had forgotten how to draw at all. But I loved it. After several 1 minute and 3 minute poses I felt the cobwebs blow away, and by the time we did the one hour pose I had found my groove. If you want to draw for any purpose, I really recommend it, it really helps to truely look and draw what you see. I hope to find time to go again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...