25 February 2015

Liking a rough sketch more than the finished thing

I'm about to start revamping my much neglected portfolio to display more of the work I would like to do. My starting place is always my sketch book where I quickly throw down ideas before I forget them, or repeated draw things to work out how they'd look best. These rough's tend to have a lot of energy in them, just honest marks capturing characters and shapes. I'm I'll work through it and find a way, but at the moment I feel like I'm loosing some of the charm of the initial sketch in the final piece.

Here's the sketch I did of Ted enjoying the wind in his ears:

 And the final image:

 And here, is a space boy that I'm working on... I may redraw him again...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...