10 September 2014

Awesome inspiration - Childrens Book Illustration evening at Waterstones

Last night I went to an event at Waterstones, Piccadilly where four fantastic illustrators from Walker Books talked about their work and process in a highly entertaining panel show style discussion. They were Laura Carlin, Jon Klassen, Charlotte Voake and Chis Haughton, all of whom look nothing like my super quick sketch of them. Feel free to look them up and then laugh openly at how wrong I got it.


I was a brilliant evening and really topped up my enthusiasm for picture books. They openly talked about their work, the struggles they may have and the time it takes to create a book, it was really good to hear. I must admit, having studied their work during summer school, I got particularly star struck talking to Jon Klassen and Chris Haughton. Still I managed to get some books signed and even got Charlotte Voake to draw a penguin :)


I spoke to Jon about the joys of creating textures to scan and use in Photoshop, and gave him and Chris one of my penguin postcards each. I hoped they liked them. I will admit openly to emitting a small squeal of excitement when I saw this today:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...