06 September 2011

A visit to Hampton Court

On Sunday, when the weather was very wet and autumnal, I went to Hampton Court. I loved every minute of it, the place feels like something out of Alice In Wonderland.

 The gardens were amazing, both the plants and the design had obviously been carefully thought about and refined over all the years. I'd love to go back in better weather and spend time exploring all the nooks and crannies.
 There were some wonderful characters that I'd like to go back and draw, and inside some of the walls and ceilings are breathtaking, covered with angels, cherubs, rainbows and mythical beasts.
 Out of everything I saw, this spotty cat was by far my favourite - he even had ligthning bolts for whiskers, how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...