01 June 2007

Paper scissors....

I've been super busy this week - I've been to Solihull, Birmingham, Nottingham and London catching up with friends and generally exploring places. I've also been sorting out the house, so much stuff to find new homes for when we move... does anyone want a lawn-mower?



Anyway, I've rediscovered a favourite artist of mine - Peter Callesen. The things this chap does with a single piece of A4 paper blows me away. He must have the patience of a saint, I'm sure I'd go off the rails trying to do anything so intricate.



It is relevant to my research into shadows. His work is made from white paper so it is the way the light hits it, and shadows of each form he creates, that give the work depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...